Yellow Wildflower Landscape at the Botanic Gardens


Dixon Prairie in the Botanic Gardens is a small prairie preserve situated on a hill 
densely colored with yellow and purple wildflowers. I hadn't been there in a while, 
so two days ago during sunset I biked there and took macro photographs of the 
bugs and wildflowers.


I specifically tried to capture individual flowers, but the field of yellow wildflowers 
was very unique so I took the macro-filters off my lens so that I could get a 
deeper depth of field and composed a shot that utilized a few landscape conventions, 
such as a line leading the viewer's eye, some prominent object in the foreground, 
and even balance between land and sky. It was also very windy, so the flowers were 
usually swaying when I took these shots.

Glencoe
Taken in September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment