Watersmeet Woods



This morning I felt like photographing a forest I hadn't been to before, 
and so I tried biking far away westward but I was sick so while biking
 down Winnetka Avenue I decided to stop at an alternative trail into
 Watersmeet Woods, which I think is essentially the Northfield 
extension of Erickson Woods. It rained earlier so there was a mild fog 
and and the dirt path turned into mud and there were spiders 
everywhere and the small streams branching throughout the 
woods had flooded a bit (which is probably why I found some crayfish
 in the middle of the forest).


The hike was very uncomfortable because of the mud path and 
wooden bridges that were made out of logs which sunk into the 
mud when I stepped onto them. The light was pretty awful for
 taking pictures, but I managed to get some interesting shots. I'm sure
 the woods are fine when it hasn't rained; there was a nice 
isolated camp site near the end of the trail. 

Northfield
Taken in March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment