Autumn on the Chicago River 2


While looking for a part of the forest with access to the river yesterday during sunset, 
I happened upon this small opening. Both banks of the river are raised above the water, 
one side being much taller than the other. The picturesque scene was colored by vibrant 
autumn trees and the cliffs tangled with fallen leaves and tree roots.



While crouched in the mud in an overgrown and dimly lit part of the forest patiently 
waiting for the 30 second exposure to finish, I realized that I really enjoy landscape 
photography. I was thinking about how I could make a living off of this, and it seems
 like most landscape photographers put a lot of time and effort into editing and printing 
their images. So investing in good print paper, a good printer, and a good location would 
be first steps towards becoming a professional landscape photographer.

Morton Grove
Taken in September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment