Autumn on the Chicago River


Today, I ventured back onto the North Branch Trail to document the newly 
changed leaves and their reflections in the Chicago River. Desperate to improve 
upon last year's collection of photos of motion blurred water reflecting trees, I spent 
more time framing each shot (especially utilizing the rule of thirds), took risks to get a
 better angle, and made sure to include a stable subject. Also, the dash of red leaves 
helped make the mostly green scenes less monotonous. 



With the bottom photo, I walked into the middle of the river. I've seen professional 
photographers do it, and if I had brought waterproof pants and a longer tripod it would
 seem like the most practical way to get a good picture. Instead I just had boots and 
a mini-tripod, so I got wet but it was a good experience. Also, the North Branch of the
 Chicago River is much cleaner and shallower than any other part of the river.

Glenview
Taken in September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment