Autumn in Harms Woods


I discovered that it was autumn today, so at sunset I rushed to the spot where a year
 ago I had taken pictures of leaves and the River in Harms Woods. The path
 was cleared of any overgrown shrubbery and the leaves were green, yellow, red,
 and orange. I hiked along the inner-forest trail and photographed the canopy with 
a long shutter speed and wide aperture to exaggerate color.


I was browsing through some of Peter Lik's photos earlier today and they reminded 
me of how difficult it is to create a meaningful aesthetic out of bright colors in 
nature photography. Sometimes brightly colored nature photos can have a postcard
 quality to them. Whether or not that's true with these, I like the veininess of the tree 
branches and their contrast with the leaves.

Glenview
Taken in September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment