Fish at the Grove


   The idea of a zoo of wildlife from the North Shore is pretty cool. A lodge 
in the middle of the Grove has exactly that: birds, fish, bugs, and reptiles from the 
forests of suburban Chicagoland. The most impressive animal is the snapping turtle, 
which is an extremely ugly and giant rock monster. I remember going there when I 
was very young (and I especially remember the snapping turtle), so I have a nostalgic 
and sentimental connection with the Grove's zoo.


This is the first time that I've been able to successfully photograph fish. In the past I 
would've used a flash or a point-and-shoot camera, so I suppose that any attempt to 
photograph fish would be more successful than beforehand. Nevertheless, using a large
 aperture and fast shutter speed singles out each fish and creates an aquatic aesthetic.

Glenview
Taken in September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment