Yellow Flower at the Botanic Gardens



It was a sunny day and flowers had started blooming so two weeks
 ago I biked to the Botanic Gardens in Glencoe to see if there were 
any unique or colorful plants that I could take macro photos of. Other people
 got the same idea and it seemed as if half the people there
 were looking to get prime first-of-the-season spring botany photos 
as well. The crowd of half loner nature photographs and half families was 
sort of awkward, but it was a beautiful day and I didn't hear anybody complain.


These photos were taken with a super macro lens-- which is more of a
 lens extension than a lens-- and a few macro filters, which allow my camera 
to focus much closer to a subject than it originally could. I have other 
photos that work better as pieces of macro photography, but I really like 
the colors, the detail, and the shadows in these two (and the beetle, which
 I didn't even notice was there).

Glencoe
Taken in March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment