Bugs on the North Branch Bike Trail in Glencoe


After getting my camera at the end of freshman year, I brought it with me 
on bike rides around the Skokie Lagoon. I had previously gotten some neat 
shots of bugs with my film camera and now that I had a digital camera was
 intent on getting neat bug shots that were in color and that I could view 
instantaneously. Since I didn't know how to use "manual mode" yet, 
many of the photos turned out blurry, but after rediscovering my old photos 
I found a few that are pretty detailed and well composed.


A lot of my old photos were of the heads of flowers and individual bugs, 
whereas my photos nowadays usually incorporate abstract angles and 
landscapes to make the composition more interesting. I think that's because
 I started photography as more of an objective recorder whereas now I'm 
more creative and keeping in mind what sort of visual argument I want to convey.

Glencoe
Taken in July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment