Snow by the Skokie Lagoons


The first winter with my Rebel T1i was the one with the giant snowstorm. 
I wandered around Winnetka before it got dark, and everything had
 a layer of snow that gave it a picturesque, untouched look--especially 
in the forest next to the Skokie Lagoons. I trudged through the pathless 
tundra for around an hour taking pictures of deer and icy snow on plants.


I took these pictures two years ago, and I'm surprised both by how nice they 
look and by how my style has changed since then. Back then I didn't 
even know how to use "manual mode", and yet I was still able to achieve 
a visual language of nature in isolation. It's odd that although I remember
 taking these photos, I don't remember looking at them until now. 
I like rediscovering my old nature photographs.


Winnetka
Taken in December 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment