A Beach Town in Michigan


A couple years ago my family and I went to a small beach town in Michigan for 
spring break. We had been to another beach town, Saugatuck, several times and 
for a change of location we found a dog-friendly house nearby in New Buffalo.
 I was still taking a freshman photography course so I brought my film camera with 
me and used two rolls of film, one color and one black & white.


I recently downloaded the photos from disks that Walgreens burned 
them onto. Most of the photos turned out either poorly exposed or developed, 
and with nearly all of them it was clear that I had put next to no thought into their 
perspective or composition. At any rate, I vividly remember trying to document the 
colorful residential buildings from the train tracks and the sunset from a hill next to the 
beach, and it's nice to finally see the results of that.

New Buffalo
Taken in April 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment