Wood Ducks in Perkins Woods


After doing some research online, I discovered another popular 
birding-watching site within comfortable biking distance that I 
haven't been to: Perkins Woods in the middle of the suburbs in Evanston.
 I wandered around fruitlessly for about ten minutes until I discovered 
three wood ducks resting in a pond. Although they're considered pretty
 boring by the birding community because of how common they are, I 
think wood ducks look awesome and they're my favorite birds to photograph.


Again I had to put up with harsh terrain to get the photos I wanted. 
The pond was surrounded by mud and overhanging branches, and 
misquotes were buzzing in my ears, but I'd been looking for these birds
 for a while so it was definitely worth it.

Evanston
Taken in May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment