The North Branch



A week ago I discovered an overgrown path through Watersmeet
 Woods which had close access to the North Branch of the Chicago River,
 and I had an idea that it would be great for landscape shots of the water so
 I came back the following day but it was overrun with spiders and after
 losing it when I brushed my hand against a wet fern I decided to seek 
another view of the River. I found a few inner-forest paths along the bike
 trail which gave way to a view of the water. There weren't nearly as 
many spiders but it was still pretty rough terrain.


I wanted to get a landscape shot with water blur, and the lens I was 
using (18-50mm f/2.8) had an optical stabilizer so the rest of the scene
 wouldn't turn out too motion-blurred. I tried to get these shots to make
 the forest have a jungle-like feel to it.

Northfield
Taken in May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment