The Rural Midwest: Wisconsin



I've been going on road trips with my family to colleges in the Midwest, 
and while driving down I-90 I photographed interesting agricultural
structures and fields. We drove through Wisconsin on our way back from
 Minnesota, and it was interesting to see Wisconsin get less rural and more
 urban as we got closer to Illinois. Near Minnesota though there are a
 lot of dairy farms and traditional barns.


While driving around Amherst, Massachusetts a couple months ago 
I discovered that by using a low aperture and keeping the foreground
 in the frame, taking pictures while driving can create an almost 
tilt-shift effect. When it works, the results are really cool looking 
(as with these photos of barns), but a lot of the time the photos
 turn out indistinct and blurry. Nevertheless, it's a
 fun way to spend a seven hour car trip. 

Wisconsin
Taken in May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment