Some More Waterfowls on the Skokie Lagoon



 While hiking along the Lagoon I spotted, on two separate occassions, waterfowl 
that had wandered away from the flock- in the top photo, two ducks followed 
another different colored duck along the water in a sort of regal procession, and in 
the bottom photo, a small lone waterfowl joined several mallards and was 
floating a little ways behind them when I took that picture.


These waterfowl really hate when I take photos of them. In both 
instances they flew away shortly after I began to follow them. Maybe 
I should try to keep a farther distance next time. The duck [Update: I found out 
that it's a female bufflehead] in the bottom photo was pretty tolerant of me taking
 photos, and I think the perspective I gave with the trees in the 
background is a bit haunting.

Winnetka
Taken in February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment