Autumn in Harms Woods 2


At the start of autumn I biked to the Chicago River in Harms Woods with my mini 
tripod with a hope that I could create as aesthetically appealing of a photograph of 
the colors and the trees as I had done a year beforehand with my "Stream in Harms 
Woods" shot. It was near dusk so the lighting was poor but the mini tripod allowed for a
 long exposure which augmented the pale glow of the sky. I trekked through the mud 
up to some wetland plants on the shore across from a cliff with the forest elevated on the 
other bank. I spent a few minutes finding a sturdy spot in the mud to stand the tripod and 
took a second and a half exposure.



I cannot believe how long it took me to upload this photo to my blog. I'm proud of how it 
captures the damp, boggy feel of the Chicago River, and also the bright color of the leaves
 in the trees. It's a nice experience photographing in the mud; it sort of artistically 
unifies the photographer with the landscape as to make him understand it more.

Skokie
Taken in September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment