Bike Trail on the Skokie Lagoon


Back in March I got a bunch of camera equipment for my birthday. Among 
other things, I got a few tinted graduated filters and a lens widener. The next 
day, to see how everything worked, I filled my cargo pants with lens extensions
 and filters and biked through the Skokie Lagoons. I figured out that the blue tinted 
graduated filter made the sky bluer and the lens widener heavily vignetted the frame
and provided more of a perspective.



Camera toys are fun but they really don't make a photo look better. Graduated filters
 are a bit messier than photoshop, and lens wideners don't allow a lens to zoom out 
significantly without massive vignetting. Additionally, adding layers of glass to a lens 
diminishes detail. Still, lens extensions are nifty, and as someone who takes a lot of 
pictures it's nice to have a slightly different medium.

Winnetka
Taken in March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment