Autumn in Camp Pine Woods


Yesterday I biked to Oakton Community College to watch a forum (similar 
to a debate) of two candidates for Congress. I brought my camera with me, but 
they didn't allow us to take pictures. I biked home on the Des Plaines River Trail, 
and since the woods were notably yellow and the sun was still out, I walked around 
and took pictures of trees and the leaves.


If I were to rank all of the forest preserves I've photographed based on how 
awesome their autumn is, Fort Sheridan would probably be first (because it's very 
orderly and has geographic diversity) and Camp Pine Woods would rank second. 
Despite several piles of sticks and trash, the forest was particularly open and clean. 
The colors were also pretty remarkable. The yellow leaves in the canopy and on the 
forest floor had a radiant glow to them. It's very quaint, especially with the small
 cobblestone bridges and the Des Plaines River running alongside it. 

Des Plaines
Taken in October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment