Water over Pebbles on Lake Michigan



I usually embark on my weekend nature photography 
expeditions at the hour in between sunset and dusk (4-5pm):
 known to photographers as "the golden hour" because the 
orange light of the sunset shines a golden hue onto everything. 
Instead of biking to the Skokie Lagoons, which is where I
 usually go, I decided to go to Tower Beach and see what the Lake
 would look like.


The sunset made the water glow, and with the elements permitting
 I was able to get close to the water and take some close-ups of the
 water rolling over the pebbles. I've always found these nature
 action shots to be a challenge to get, although the results are 
almost always interesting. It's difficult to find a subject and compose
 the frame when what you're photographing is so unpredictable. Still,
 the low perspective and stagnate water of the photos were worth 
getting my jeans wet from sitting in the sand.

Winnetka
Taken in March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment