Common Goldeneye on the Skokie Lagoon



So these birds are officially Common Goldeneyes, not waterfowl 
or Barrow's Goldeneye- which was at the Skokie Lagoons a few 
weeks ago and brandished a slight but infamous physical distinction.
 While attempting to get a close-up shot of one of the unique
 winter birds at the Skokie Lagoons yesterday this goldeneye
 floated past me as I hid behind some shrubs on the side of a mud 
covered cliff. Thus far (after about two months) this is the closest and
 most detailed shot I've been able to get of this bird.


I recently googled photoshop techniques which would improve my
 photos and the most effective one I found was by duplicating the
 image, blurring the duplicated layer, and then selecting "Overlay"
 as the layer setting. This makes the photo pop and have more 
contrast. It certainly adds something to the bird.

Glencoe
Taken in February 15

No comments:

Post a Comment