Flock of Waterfowl over the Skokie Lagoon



I've noticed that ducks are genuinely intolerant of humans. Usually they float away
 anytime I walk up to them- as opposed to geese, which stand their ground and
 hiss menacingly, or herons, which just find a higher place perch. Half of the ducks 
on the Lagoon today weren't your typical mallards and I can't seem to find out what they are.


I drove to the Skokie Lagoon earlier today at sunset and 
as I approached the Lagoon the ducks saw me and immediately flew away.
 I pointed my telephoto lens up into the flock and got a photo of them 
all flying together by using a panning technique and a low aperture/high shutter speed. 
 I also got a landscape shot of the Lagoon as they were circling it a few times:


Winnetka
Taken in January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment