Two Ducks on the Skokie Lagoons



It's the end of December and it feels like the beginning of spring: no snow and
 almost 50 degrees. I thought that ducks usually migrate during the
 winter-- we were taught in kindergarten that there were only five species 
of birds that stay around during winter (which didn't include ducks)-- but 
there're still a few meandering around the Skokie Lagoons.


I dropped by the dam on Willow road yesterday to get some 
landscape shots of the trees while there weren't
 any clouds and I happened to have my telephoto lens out when these two 
mallards were floating by, so I snapped a few picks and they took off and I 
snapped a few more, trying to use a panning technique. A higher aperture 
gave the ducks and the water a more detailed/vibrant tone. 

Winnetka
Taken in December 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment