Vine sticking out of the Snow in Crow Island Woods


Throughout winter break, since I woke up late in the day, the early sunset
 forced me to venture on photography expeditions for a shorter period of time than
 I would have liked early in the afternoon. While meandering around the Crow Island
 Woods at dusk looking for interesting small plants interacting with snow to photograph
 with my macro-lens filter, I spotted a gnarled vine raised several inches from the snowy
 ground cover. From an aerial view, its muddy color stood out against the alabaster
 background and produced a minimalist and natural arabesque similar to a third 
style Roman wall painting (I'm taking a History of Art class).



Snowy nature is perfect for macro-photography. The color and texture of the snow
 alters small details in nature so singling in on plants can capture a microscopic artistic
 transformation as the plant conflicts with the precipitation.

Taken in December 2012
Winnetka

No comments:

Post a Comment