Tall Grass in Crow Island Woods 2


While taking pictures at Crow Island Woods during dusk the other day, I placed my 
camera and small tripod a few feet off the trail amid the tall grass and angled the shot 
so that there would be minimal view of the ground. It was cold and although I had to 
bend very low to the ground to compose the shot the sharp undergrowth prohibited me 
from sitting down. It also took me about fifteen attempts to get the framing right.



The warped and atmospheric perspective of the grass shooting upwards is very surreal.
 Because of the jagged and schematic shapes of all the crumpled leaves, it looks as 
though there's a lot of movement. The towering nature of the grass and the perceived
 movement sort of conjure an association with buildings in a city. 

Winnetka
Taken in November 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment