Rainy Day on Elm Street


Around a month ago I frantically biked from school to home and back again to get my 
camera and take a picture of a play rehearsal for a paper that would finish being 
edited several hours later. On the way back to school, I took photographs of damp 
autumn leaves littering the streets. I ended up using the top photo as inspiration for
 one of my college essays about how isolated and elitist Winnetka is. 



I probably shouldn't use my camera while riding a bike. I bike so often that I can
 comfortably pedal without holding onto the handlebars, and since I'm so used to 
riding along the side of highways and cars not stopping at stop signs on my way to
 school in the morning (usually moms texting while driving), I feel relatively competent
 with holding up a small plastic/metal box and pressing a button while riding my bike. 
Nevertheless, these depressing shots are quite nice.

Winnetka
Taken in October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment