Churches in Wilmette

While biking around the suburbs at sunset during Halloween in search of election
 signs for a photo essay I want to make for the school newspaper, I passed several 
churches. The orange sunlight struck the bricks of the churches and produced a warm 
glow. A Latter Day Saints Church and cathedral caught my attention so I quickly 
took a few pictures and went on my way.



I've been wanting to make a photo essay of churches on the North Shore for a while. 
Ever since I biked to North Chicago and spotted a small rundown church next to an 
auto-body shop, I thought that it'd be interesting to photograph churches from all over 
the metropolitan area and compose the shots similarly so that the design is the only 
contrast. So far I've neither had the time nor integrity to get started on this, but passing 
by these churches reminded me that this photo essay was something that I wanted to
 do eventually.

Wilmette
Taken in October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment