Night at the Winnetka Train Station


A year ago, while walking back from school with my camera (I had covered 
an assignment for the school newspaper that day), I took out-of-focus photos of holiday 
lights and street lamps. The bokeh effects were neat, and while crossing the bridge over
 the Winnetka Train Station I set my camera onto the railing and took several slow 
exposure photos of the train and cars. After a police car slowly approached me, 
I decided that what I was doing was probably sort of suspicious and 
continued towards home.



Most of the time artificial light isn't optimal for photography. It'd duller than
 sunlight and it lacks any vitality. Occasionally it can be sort of calming, 
especially in the case of night photography. In the winter, since it was usually
 night when I would leave school, I would try to be technically creative in the way
 that I captured with light what to me was a pretty mundane walk home. The only 
sources of lights were street lamps, vehicles, streetlights, and the city in the distance.


Winnetka
Taken in December 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment