New Trier on a Rainy Day


For an article on an outbreak of whooping cough at the Northfield campus of 
New Trier, I biked over there to take a picture that would capture the morose feeling 
that I attach to the school. Thematically the article called for a more daunting or dismal 
portrayal of the school, and coupled with my memory of freshman year of being
 constrained in a concrete prison I tried to utilize the rainy day, the desolateness, 
and the giant, enclosing, geometric concrete structures to compose a photograph that 
would work both as a scene of a whopping cough outbreak and as a nostalgic reminder 
of freshman year.



Since I initially had no idea what the photo was going to look like, I walked around the 
campus and found interesting angles that indicated movement but was bereft of human
 activity. This created a sort of zombie-like effect, which perfectly illustrates a landscape full 
of disease.

Northfield
Taken in October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment