Autumn Leaves in Watersmeet Woods


I woke up before eleven today so I biked to Watersmeet Woods in hopes
 of catching any birds that would be out there, but the flock of wood ducks that I had
 seen last time flew away the moment they caught sight of me and it was raining so 
most other birds were roosting high up in the trees. After a few failed attempts at 
photographing birds, I turned my telephoto lens towards vertically oriented plants.



Like trees, leaves can be potentially interesting subjects. When captured at different 
perspectives, with various depths of field and distance, leaves can be portrayed almost 
as their own microcosm of a landscape. That's why I particularly like photographing 
dried leaves in black and white-because up close there's a texture that you wouldn't
 normally be able to see which has a natural but otherworldly aesthetic to it--like an
 astronomical outgrowth or similar to a mountain landscape.

Northfield
Taken in October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment