U of I




In July my family and I made a road trip to Champaign and Bloomington to look
 at the schools there. I've mostly been looking at small liberal arts schools 
but these schools have become an increasingly present frugal alternative. 
My dad is a professor at Illinois and I live in the state, so going there would 
be a small fraction of the price of going to any other school. Personally, I 
was not extraordinarily impressed by Champaign. It was hot and rural, and
 the city was uncomfortably urban in contrast with its surroundings. On 
my way back from St. Louis a couple weeks ago we stopped by Springfield,
 which is a nice city with grandiose architecture and copious Lincoln memorabilia, 
but otherwise central Illinois has little beyond cornfields and grain elevators. 
While at U of I, I took some pictures of buildings and structures.














Champaign
Taken in July 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment