White Tailed Deer by the Skokie Lagoons



 With very little to do with my abundant amount of free time this
 summer, I've sporadically gone on long bike rides or devoted some
 time to wandering through the Lagoons. While biking along the trail,
 the green expanse that covered the ground and trees made an 
interesting atmospheric effect when it reflected the sunset, so 
later I came back with my camera.


After wandering around for a short while and being eaten alive by 
swarms of mosquitos, I noticed a deer watching me in the distance. 
As I inevitably wandered closer to it down the shore, the deer acted 
very peculiarly and actually started to approach me with curiosity. 
After discarding a theory that the deer had somehow gained human
 emotions and was trying to see if I was friendly, I looked around 
see if there were any of its offspring nearby, and in fact there was. 
Before speedily exiting the woods, I got a couple of nice shots of the 
nosy deer.

Winnetka
Taken in June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment