Skokie Lagoons at Night


I predicted that I would spend most of the summer strolling around
 the Lagoons and photographing plants, animals, and landscapes that 
hadn't been out during the school year; but the sweltering one 
hundred degree weather attracted swarms of gnats and mosquitos,
 as well as crowds of fishermen from the city. Additionally, 
having explored the Lagoons for the past year, the same scenery 
is sort of boring to walk by. Still, to combat boredom, I've tried 
to be more creative with the little photography that I've done this past month.


The other night I noticed that long exposures of a field can lead
 to fireflies showing up in the photo. A clutter of trees by the
 Lagoons was (literally) sparkling with fireflies, and the bottom
 photo--although the computer darkened the colors for some reason--
is an attempt to capture that.

Winnetka
Taken in June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment