Middlefork Savannah


The Skokie Valley Bike Trail ends in Lake Bluff and leads 
into a large prairie forest preserve called Middlefork Savannah. It's 
a great place to visit during the summer, and is probably the largest
 and best example of Illinois prairie in Cook County. There's a path 
that leads through the tall grass and is surrounded by all sorts of
 wildlife and fauna.


During the winter I biked to Middlefork Savannah and I
 remember not finding anything worth photographing, and when I
 biked there again a few weeks ago there were all these birds and 
wildflowers and fields that hadn't been there before which was 
somewhat overwhelming and I couldn't really decide what to 
pursue. A stream passing through the prairie and a red-winged blackbird 
flying through the grass were among the things I ended up photographing.

Lake Bluff
Taken in June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment