Prairie Field at Fort Sheridan



My first lengthy bike ride of the year (last time was in December,
 when I embarked to a forest preserve in Lake Bluff) occurred last 
weekend as I went to Fort Sheridan at sunset to photograph any 
unique spring botanical developments. Vast fields of prairie grass 
spotted with dandelions had sprouted up.


I was using my 50mm lens so the focal length was a bit narrow for
 landscapes, but the result ended up having a more intimate/isolated 
effect than the broad scope of a wider focal length. The top photo was 
taken at f/2.0 so that the only thing in focus would be the dandelions, 
which sort of gives the scene a sentimental aesthetic, and the bottom 
photo was taken near dusk, which gave the scene a warm glow.

Fort Sheridan
Taken in April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment