Blue Bells in Bell Woods



Blue bells are small brightly colored flowers which are pretty
 much synonymous with spring, and they've started blooming ever
 since a week ago when the weather began warming up. I biked
 around Winnetka looking for wild flowers to try out macro
 photography and passed by Bell Woods; a small plot of forest on 
Tower Road that's full of blue bells. 


I got a bunch of camera equipment for my birthday on Tuesday, 
which included several different macro lens extensions. 
 I used two extensions that were screwed onto my standard 
18-55mm lens which allowed me to take closer than usual pictures
 of the flowers: a "super macro lens" and a 4x macro magnifier. After trying 
out macro photography, I have to say that it's pretty fun and the
 results look great (although a bit blurry at times and if used 
with a wide angle can create a black barrel around the photo).

Winnetka
Taken in March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment