Fog in Winnetka


Last night it rained, and this morning it was unusually warm,
 so when I woke up and looked out my window everything was
 enveloped in fog. I went through my morning routine and
 decided to take the later bus to school so that I could take my tripod
 and walk over to Elm Park to take some landscape shots of the 
fog and the trees.


I thought that shooting with a small aperture and slow shutter
 speed would make the fog more prominent, but it really didn't, so on
 my way home I quickly snapped these photos of the trees in Elm
 Park next to the sidewalk and this tree with the sun behind it in my 
backyard. The bottom photo has an interesting Dr. Seuss-like effect,
 and the top photo works because of the old house behind the tree.

Winnetka
Taken in February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment