Brown Creeper in Glencoe




Another obscure bird from the Erikson Woods (forest preserve on the 
Skokie Lagoons). I found it's name out while investigating about 
the merganser on a birdwatching website: as I was scrolling through
 all the photos of birds all of a sudden there was the little speckled 
brown thing with the label "Brown Creeper". It was very small and
 looked like more of a rodent then a bird.



While circumventing the Lagoon on an ecological adventure 
yesterday there was a point where it was silent, and then I heard a
 bird, so I decided to follow the noise and find the bird. It was 
climbing around a tree, so I propped up my camera and took some
 photos. It was pretty preoccupied, so it was difficult to 
get a shot showing its face.

Glencoe
Taken in February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment