White Tailed Deer at Sunset


I spotted a few white tailed deer while looking for animals to photograph 
along Forest Way Drive next to the Skokie Lagoons. They were pretty 
suspicious of me but I stood still for a few minutes and they
 stopped paying attention and went back to grazing. After a while though 
they started getting suspicious again and looked as if they were about to charge, so I left.


It was almost dusk and I tried to utilize what remaining light there 
was, but the deer were in a densely wooded area and wouldn't tolerate me 
approaching them to get a better angle with the orange sky behind them. 
I tried using a flash and the resulting photo looks like something out of a 
National Geographic from the 90s (or at least I think it does).
 

Winnetka
Taken in January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment