Two Insects by the Skokie Lagoons



During the summer there are a lot of bugs by the Lagoon; mainly because 
it's a swampy climate. Two of the bugs that I photographed were milkweed
 bugs and bees. Milkweed bugs are fun to photograph because they're
 usually on milkweed plants, which have large leaves and flowers, but it's
 frustrating to get photos of bees because they refuse to stay still and may choose
 to attack the photographer.


When I originally took these photos I had set my camera to the 'Raw' setting,
 thinking that it meant high quality. When I uploaded the photos to my 
computer I discovered that my computer couldn't view 'Raw' images, and so
 I had about fifty photos that I wasn't able to look at. I researched 'Raw' and
 found out that it's a type of image format that's preferred for photoshopping
 because it retains more data than a 'jpg' does. So, I used photoshop to edit 
these photos and then convert them into 'jpg' so I could upload them to this blog. 

Winnetka
Taken in July 2011

1 comment: