Waterway by New Trier



 A continuation of the Skokie Lagoon bike trail goes by the Northfield 
campus of New Trier and stems through the woods behind it, which 
might either be Harms Woods or part of the Skokie Lagoons, I'm not entirely
 sure. The trail runs along a river- I think it's the Chicago River- which
 is closed off from the trail by a wall of trees. 
There isn't much to see by the river other than mud and 
overhanging trees, and it's also pretty dangerous to
 walk through because of loose branches and slippery mud-covered slopes.



Despite these hazards, I thought it'd be interesting to see if there'd be
 anything worth photographing. I found this picturesque waterway at sunset, 
and though the lighting was bad and I was forced to sit in the mud to get a 
low angle without slipping into the river, I was still able to get a few nice shots.

Northfield
Taken in November 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment