Path in Crow Island Woods



Behind Crow Island Elementary School is a small woods with a dirt 
path circumventing through it. Just as autumn started the leaves
 in Crow Island Woods began having more crayon-like colors. This
 looked pretty neat at a f/1.8, which gave the leaves a more saturated 
and shadow-strewn texture.  

The path itself had overgrown shrubs on the side and I thought
 that getting a low angle with one of the colorful trees in the background
 would give the photo a more surreal/comforting edge to the woods. I used to
 walk through the woods when I was in elementary school, so maybe with
 this photo I was trying to capture the nostalgia of when I was much shorter
 and found the woods to be more mysterious of a place.

Winnetka
Taken in October 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment