Mini Stream in Harms Woods



 Yesterday I went back along the dirt paths to that stream in Harms Woods-- which I 
discovered is actually part of the Chicago River-- in hopes of photographing 
autumn leaves on trees. All the leaves had fallen to the ground and
 the trees looked a bit barren, so I looked for things to take pictures 
of in the underbrush; which is how I spotted this little makeshift stream
 that's comprised of large pebbles and leads downhill into the river. 

There's a sense of tranquility and solitude "bubbling brooks" have,
 and I tried to capture that by shooting at f/1.8, getting as close as 
humanely possible and including the sunset in the out of focus background. 
I think it looks nice. Here's an aerial view:

Glenview
Taken in November 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment