Covered Bridge



A week ago I drove to Long Grove with my camera because it
 seemed like it would be an ideal place to photograph in autumn.
 It ended up being a bit of a tourist hot-spot, so I hiked along
 the secluded "Covered Bridge Trail" on Buffalo Creek and
 got a few alright pictures of a (covered) bridge that leads into the historic mall area.

I used my 50mm f/1.8, which may explain why only the
 subject is in focus. I was too lazy to go back to my car and get a wider lens
 and I like the effect lower apertures have. For the top photo I went as
 close to the creek as I could-- which was on a small patch of leaves and mud-- and
 photographed some  dried grass and leaves in front of the bridge. 
For the bottom photo I was on the trail and photographed the bridge
 peeking over dense prairie grass. I included some sky, but as you can
 see it was getting cloudy and the lighting got progressively worse for
 taking pictures as the day went on.

Long Grove
Taken in November 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment